Junior Leader Program – Deadline to apply: March 6th, 2023
This program gives the opportunity for students in Grades 8-11 to gain work experience teaching children the fundamentals of sport and recreation within our community while boosting their own resume and building connections in our community. This opportunity promotes growth, learning, and development of our youth by giving them an area to absorb knowledge and have hands on experience in the camps.
We are looking for individuals who are available for our Spring Break camps (March 20-24 and March 27-31) as well as our XploreSportz summer camps (July and August).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the XploreSportz camp leaders in:
- Greeting parents and participants to ensure their waiver forms and all medical information are filled out
- Welcoming participants to the camp and running introductions and icebreaker games
- Assisting coaches with the instruction of their sport, helping provide demonstrations and encouraging participation
- Carrying out duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator during camp operation including site preparation and clean-up, safety checks, and equipment transport.
- Assisting with the set-up and take-down of venues for sport sessions.
- Participating in activities with the children
- In Grades 8-11
- Have a positive attitude
- Have knowledge about the importance of being active for life
- Highly motivated
- Any additional assets deemed appropriate
Why you should apply:
- Resume Booster
- Free workshops and training (ex: Fundamental Movement Skills, Physical Literacy 101, Youth Inclusion, Aboriginal Coaching Module)
- Flexible schedule
- Volunteer experience
- Being connected to your community
- Future career opportunities
If you’re interested in applying for the Junior Leader Program or would like more information, please email Hanneli Ladyman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-828-3346.