The Canadian Sport Institue (CSI) , in partnership with the national network of Canadian Sport Centre and the British Columbia network of PacificSport Centres, delivers sport performance programs and sevices to provide athletes and coaching living in BC with every advantage to win medals for Canada.
Through community partnerships with local businesses, municipalities, and organizations, Registered Athletes receive access to a variety of programs and services, including GymWorks, FoodStuff, Sportheath, and MoreStuff partners and opportunities.
PacificSport Interior BC registers high-performance athletes who have been identified in two different ways:
1. By their Provincial Sport Organization (PSO). The PSO should notify the athletes by letter or email, stating that they have met their sport specific criteria and are eligible to register with PacificSport. To find out more about each BC Provincial Sport Organizatoin’s Eligibility criteria please click here.
2. By Sport Canada. If an athlete is receiving Sport Canada Athlete Assistance Program (AAP) Government Funding (usually this means an athlete is a Canadian National Team Member), then the athlete is immediately able to register with PacificSport Interior BC.
- The registered athlete eligibility is for 1 full year, after which time you must re-qualify according to your sport criteria.
- PSO’s submit their eligible athlete nomination lists to Canadian Sport Institute Pacific once annually.
- Athletes are categorized in one of 4 ways, based on the high performance pathway in BC:
– Canadian Elite
– Canadian Development
– Provincial DevelopmentIf you have received a letter stating that you are eligbile, then please contact Sport Performance Coordinator to setup an intake meeting (30 mins). At this time the athlete will be given their PacificSport Interior BC card.