Meet our Team!
Christine Yamaoka has been coaching since grade 12. She was an assistant coach at her high school during her senior year with the track team. From that point she was hooked; coaching volleyball, basketball, badminton, rugby, track and teaching Step Aerobics. She also has worked in two weight rooms, adding to her knowledge around biodynamics. Currently she coaches with the Kamloops Track and Field Club as the Sprints and Hurdles Coach, while teaching at Valleyview high school.
- Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology (Sport & Exercise Science, Minor in Nutrition)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Member or past member: National Strength and Conditioning Association, American College of Sport Medicine, Canadian Society For Exercise Physiology, Canadian Kinesiology Alliance.
- University Instructor: Exercise Physiology, Anatomy, Strength and Conditioning, Fitness and Lifestyle Management.
Strength and Conditioning Coach in Kamloops, BC & Owner of Stride Sport & Performance
With 20 years experience in strength and conditioning and being educated at both the University of Saskatchewan and the University of Alberta, David Stride has enjoyed working with a diverse clientele. In addition to the hundreds of personal training clients, David has worked with male and female athletes at the youth, provincial, collegiate, junior, national, professional, and master level in numerous sports. David holds a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology, is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, has NCCP coaching in various sports, and is an active member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Stride Sport and Performance provides complete athletic conditioning for the youth to master athlete, customized team training, run improvement programs, as well as advanced performance measurements and analysis. David also currently acts as the Strength and Conditioning and Lead Coach to the Ignite Athlete Development Program for Pacific Sport Interior.