- Be training as part of a Local Sport Organization that provides consistent training and competitive opportunities
- Be between the ages of 13-17 at the onset of the program
AND (not a mandatory requirement):
- Be tracking towards Provincial or National level athletic success on the performance pathway (BC Games, Canada Games, Team BC or National Championships)
2. All athletes will be contacted for a brief athlete interview.
3. 10 Athletes will be selected to participate in the IGNITE Athlete Development Program.FALL 2019Program: September 16, 2018 – February 12, 2019Once an application has been submitted, successful applicants are granted an interview and may then be required to complete a basic physical/movement assessment with our Lead Coach.
Athlete fees can be paid by cash or cheque (payable to PacificSport Interior BC) in full.
IGNITE athletes will have access to:
- Two 60-90 minute, expert lead training sessions per week (Strength sessions are 90 minutes)
- Lululemon Tech Tee x1
- FREE Access to Sport Edcucation Workshops (Nutrition & Mental Training)
* Should an athlete withdraw from the program before its conclusion the athlete will be charged athlete fees for the balance of the program. Exceptions will be made if athletes are forced to withdraw due to injury and a doctor’s note confirming their injury is presented.
2. Athletic Resume (sports/position played, awards/achievements, best results, athletic background etc.)
3. 500 Word Essay about why you would like to be part of the IGNITE program
4. One letter of recommendation outlining from the athlete’s primary sport coach outlining:
- The coach’s endorsement of their athlete to participate in the IGNITE program
- The coach’s endorsement of the prospective athlete (i.e. work ethic, attitude, what the athlete would bring to the program etc.)
- Specific goals the coach wants their athlete to accomplish from the IGNITE Program.
Athletes will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Successful applicants will be notified they’ve been accepted into the program and at that time will be asked to complete these Squad Forms.