Volunteer with us Today!
Welcome to the Volunteer page where you will find all the information you need to successfully be involved with Operation Red Nose! Here is a step-by-step process on how to successfully sign up as a volunteer.
Step 1: Review the four different volunteer positions available below.
Step 2: Complete the online application form at the end of this page.
Step 3: Click on the red button below and complete the ‘Criminal Record Check Form’. Then, visit any of the RCMP Detachments in Kamloops and request a Criminal Record Check to be completed for your volunteer position. You will need to bring your completed form and the 2023 RCMP Letter with you.
Step 4: Once the Criminal Record Check has been completed by the RCMP, please drop it off at the drop-off locations listed below.
Step 5: Wait to hear from the Operation Red Nose Coordinator, who will provide you with a schedule and additional information.
The volunteer who drives the team in their own vehicle.
- Follow the client vehicle from pick up location to drop off location
- Clients are NOT allowed in the escort vehicle
- Keep track of the KM’s driven and we will reimburse you with gas coupons – Fill out Fuel Reimbursement Form at the end of the night
- If you donate $5 in gas coupons back to Operation Red Nose you will be entered into a draw for a door prize
The volunteer who drives the client’s vehicle.
- Check for M+S Winter Tires & BC License Plates
- Ensure the vehicle is safe for driving.
- Drive slowly and always keep your escort driver in sight behind you.
- Remember you are driving someone else’s vehicle – be sure to drive responsibly
- Gives the keys back to the client at the end of the ride
- Always follow the rules of the road – Operation Red Nose is not responsible for any traffic tickets you occur during the night
- Designated driver is with the navigator at all time
Rides in the client’s vehicles with designated driver at all times (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Ask clients to sit in the back of the vehicle
- Fills out the transportation forms, receives donations, and gives the client a receipt.
- Calls Venue Manager to provide client CC for donation payment
- In charge of cellphone and contacts dispatch at headquarters
- Calls the client’s cellphone number provided to arrange a meeting point or call if you cannot find the client
- Count the donations you received at the end of the evening.
- Fill out the Daily Trip Form with total # of rides and amount of donations
The volunteer answering the phones for rides.
- Answers incoming calls from the public wishing to use the service.
- Determines location of client and destination to be driven to.
- Ensures that this is within the boundaries of the service.
- Records all relevant information about the client, then passes this information on to the dispatcher.
2023 Volunteer Application Form
Please complete the following form and click submit at the end.
Volunteer application forms can also be printed and dropped off in person at the two drop-off locations listed below.
DROP OFF LOCATIONS
1. Tournament Capital Centre – 910 McGill Road, Kamloops BC, V2C 6N6
2. Kamloops Sports Council – 1550 Island Parkway, Kamloops BC, V2B 0H7
If you have any questions, please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Application Form
For a Ride Phone: 250-372-5110
For more information and outside of the operational date period phone: 250-320-0650
Your Safe Ride Home!
2023 Operation Schedule
For the 2023 season, ORN Kamloops will run every Friday and Saturday night from November 24th to December 30th. It will also be available for Sunday December 31, 2023!